on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Schipper family come from? What is the English Schipper family crest and coat of arms? When did the Schipper family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Schipper family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Shepperdson, Shipperdson, Schipperdson, Schepperdson, Shepherdson, Sheperdson, Sheppardson, Shipardson, Shepperson, Sheperson, Shiparson, Sheparson, Shepparson, Shipson, Shepson, Sheppson and many more.
First found in Durham where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 12th century. They were later found in Cumberland in 1332 when John Schephirdson held estates in that county.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schipper research. Another 331 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1455, and 1487 are included under the topic Early Schipper History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Schipper Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schipper Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jurig Schipper, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Andreas Schipper, who came to America in 1783
- Andreas Schipper, who landed in America in 1783
Schipper Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Vilaas Schipper, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Henry Schipper, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1838
- Herm Schipper, who landed in America in 1839
- M Joseph Schipper, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1846
- Cath Elia Schipper, who landed in America in 1846
Schipper Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Louis Schipper, aged 8, who emigrated to America, in 1906
- Abe Schipper, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Anna E. Schipper, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States from London, England, in 1916
- Abraham Schipper, aged 38, who landed in America, in 1917
Schipper Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Georg Schipper, who arrived in Canada in 1777-1783
Schipper Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Louise Schipper, who landed in Quebec in 1850
- Moritz Schipper, who arrived in Quebec in 1850
- Ron "Skip" Schipper (1928-2006), American college football coach
- Leon "Lee" Jay Schipper (1947-2011), American physicist
- Jakob Markus Schipper (1842-1915), German- Austrian philologist and English scholar
- Jessicah Lee Schipper OAM (b. 1986), Australian nineteen-time gold medalist swimmer
- Mineke Schipper (b. 1938), Dutch author and researcher
- Gerrit Schipper (1775-1832), Dutch painter specializing in pastel portraiture
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
The Schipper Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Schipper Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 October 2011 at 08:14.
on orders of $85 or more