Schipp History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Schipp family
The surname Schipp was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Liege, a province in Belgium, center of Walloon country. Within this province the notable towns are Liege, the capital city, seat of the great cathedral of St. Lambert destroyed in 1794. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Schipp family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schipp research. Another 64 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1852 is included under the topic Early Schipp History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schipp Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schupp, Schuppen, Schoepen, Scoeppingk and others.
Early Notables of the Schipp family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Schipp Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schipp migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schipp Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Peter Schipp, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1737
- Hans Peter Schipp, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1737 
- John Frederick Schipp, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1741 
Schipp Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johanes Schipp, who settled in Baltimore in 1832
- Gerhard Schipp, who settled in America in 1837
- Herm Eugen Schipp, who settled in America in 1837
- Gerh Schipp, who landed in America in 1837 
- Herm Eugen Schipp, who landed in America in 1837 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Schipp (post 1700) +
- Joseph John "Joe" Schipp OAM (1932-2017), Australian politician, Member of the New South Wales Parliament for Wagga Wagga (1975-1999)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)