Schepers History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Schepers is German in origin. It is derived from the Middle High German term "schaffaere," which referred to the manager or steward of a household.
Early Origins of the Schepers family
The surname Schepers was first found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in early medieval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Schepers family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schepers research. Another 135 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1569, 1813, 1787, 1425, 1503, 1451, 1624 and 1677 are included under the topic Early Schepers History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schepers Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schaeffers, Schaefer, Scheaffer, Schaefers, Schaffer, Schafer, Shaeffer, Schefer, Shaefer and many more.
Early Notables of the Schepers family (pre 1700)
Prominent figures of the time who bore the name Schepers were Peter Schöffer (c.1425-c.1503), an early German printer, and worked as a manuscript copyist in 1451; Angelus Silesius or Johann Angelus...
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schepers Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schepers migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schepers Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gerh Herm Schepers, who landed in America in 1813-1820 
- Gerhard H Schepers, aged 35, who arrived in Missouri in 1840 
- Joh Engelbert Schepers, who landed in America in 1844 
- Dina Schepers, aged 40, who landed in New York, NY in 1846 
- Marg Schepers, who landed in America in 1846 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Schepers (post 1700) +
- Mary Jane Schepers, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maine, 2008 
- Jacob Schepers (1876-1955), American Republican politician, Mayor of East Lansing, Michigan, 1914-18; Member of Michigan State House of Representatives from Ingham County 2nd District, 1947-50; Defeated in primary, 1926, 1950 
- Jan Schepers (1897-1997), Dutch team épée event fencer at the 1936 Summer Olympics
- Bob Schepers (b. 1992), Dutch footballer
- Alphonse Schepers (1907-1984), Belgian racing cyclist
- Eddy Schepers (b. 1955), Belgian former professional cyclist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html