Says History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Says family
The surname Says was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Says family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Says research. Another 85 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Says History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Says Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Seys, Seyys, Seeys, Seyes, Seyss, Sey and others.
Early Notables of the Says family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Says Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Says migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Says Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- James Says, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1634
- Mary Says, who settled in Massachusetts in 1638
- Elizabeth Says, who settled in Massachusetts in 1638
- Thomas Says, who settled in Massachusetts in 1639
- Thomas Says, who landed in Massachusetts in 1639 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)