Sarrazin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Sarrazin family
The surname Sarrazin was first found in Brittany, where they held a family seat from early times.
Early History of the Sarrazin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sarrazin research. Another 138 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1605, 1654, 1770, and 1792 are included under the topic Early Sarrazin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sarrazin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sarazin, Sarazins, Sarazain, Sarazaint, Sarazaein, Sarasin, Sarasins, Sarasain, Sarasaint, Sarasaein, Sarrazin, Sarrazain, Sarrazaint, Sarrazaein, Sarrasin, Sarrasins, Sarrasain, Sarrasaint and many more.
Early Notables of the Sarrazin family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst this name at this time was Count Gilbert Sarrazin; and Michel Sarrazin, (1659-1734), French-born, early Canadian surgeon, physician, scientist and naturalist. He immigrated at age 25 to the colony of New France as a surgeon and stayed there for the rest of his...
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sarrazin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Sarrazin family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Josefine Sarasin, aged 20; settled in Texas in 1848; Louis Sarasin, aged 22; settled in Texas in 1848; Henrietta Sarazin, aged 20; settled in Louisiana in 1820.
Contemporary Notables of the name Sarrazin (post 1700) +
- Jean Sarrazin, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Stéphane Jean-Marc Sarrazin (b. 1975), French professional racing driver
- Albertine Sarrazin (1937-1967), French author, best known for her semi-autobiographical novel L'Astragale
- Thilo Sarrazin (b. 1945), German politician, writer, and former member of the Executive Board of the Deutsche Bundesbank
- Kim Sarrazin (b. 1977), Canadian softball designated player at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Richard Andre "Dick" Sarrazin (b. 1946), Canadian retired professional NHL and WHA ice hockey player who played from 1966 to 1976
- Michael Sarrazin (1940-2011), Canadian actor best known for his role opposite Jane Fonda in They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Related Stories +