Sarasin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Sarasin family
The surname Sarasin was first found in Brittany, where they held a family seat from early times.
Early History of the Sarasin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sarasin research. Another 138 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1605, 1654, 1770, and 1792 are included under the topic Early Sarasin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sarasin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sarazin, Sarazins, Sarazain, Sarazaint, Sarazaein, Sarasin, Sarasins, Sarasain, Sarasaint, Sarasaein, Sarrazin, Sarrazain, Sarrazaint, Sarrazaein, Sarrasin, Sarrasins, Sarrasain, Sarrasaint and many more.
Early Notables of the Sarasin family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst this name at this time was Count Gilbert Sarrazin; and Michel Sarrazin, (1659-1734), French-born, early Canadian surgeon, physician, scientist and naturalist. He immigrated at age 25 to the colony of New France as a surgeon and stayed there for the rest of his...
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sarasin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sarasin migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sarasin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Josefine Sarasin, aged 20, settled in Texas in 1848
- Louis Sarasin, aged 22, settled in Texas in 1848
Contemporary Notables of the name Sarasin (post 1700) +
- Ronald Arthur Sarasin (b. 1934), American Republican politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives, 1969-73; U.S. Representative from Connecticut 5th District, 1973-79
- Ronald Arthur Sarasin (b. 1934), American Congressman, Washington, DC
- Pong Sarasin (1927-2021), Thai businessman and a politician, Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand (1988-1990)
Related Stories +