100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
Santoro History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname Santoro was originally a nickname
bestowed upon someone who was born on All Saint's Day, the 1st of November, and is derived from the Latin "sanctorum."
Early Origins of the Santoro family
The surname Santoro was first found in Lucania, formerly Basilicata, is a territorial division of southern Italy which extended from Tyrrhenian sea, to the Gulf of Tarentum. It was named for Lucani who conquered it in the 5th century B.C. This large territory contained many towns and villages. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The family held a family seat
in Matero in Basilicata, otherwise known as Lucania. They were a distinguished noble family whose first records begin in 1198 when Eustachio Santoro was Baron
Early History of the Santoro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Santoro research.Another 142 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1476, 1507, 1537, 1559, 1574, 1600, 1700, 1532, 1602, 1569 and 1649 are included under the topic Early Santoro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Santoro Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Santoro, Santori, Santora, Santorelli, Santoriello, Santorini and many more.
Early Notables of the Santoro family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon
. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian
emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated... Another 87 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Santoro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Santoro family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Santoro Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Giovanni Santoro, an Italian gardener, who landed in North America on board the "SS Vincenzo Florio" in 1881
Santoro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Achille Santoro, aged 23, who landed in America from Spozzano, Italy, in 1906
- Adele Santoro, aged 6, who emigrated to the United States from Palermo, Sicily, in 1908
- Agnata Santoro, aged 14, who landed in America from Soverato, Italy, in 1909
- Adriana Santoro, aged 11, who landed in America from Napoli, Italy, in 1916
- Agata Santoro, aged 40, who emigrated to America from Italy, in 1916
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Santoro (post 1700)
- Thomas Domenico Santoro (1922-1975), American politician, Member of Rhode Island State Senate, 1950-56; Member of Rhode Island State House of Representatives, 1960
- Gail M. Santoro, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Florida, 2008
- Dominic J. Santoro, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 1st District, 1986
- Mrs. Domenic Santoro, American Republican politician, Member of Connecticut Republican State Central Committee, 1940
- Carl Santoro, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Michigan 3rd District, 1948
- Canto A. Santoro, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Mayor of Stamford, Connecticut, 1983
- Battista J. Santoro, American Republican politician, Mayor of Mamaroneck, New York, 1943-49
- Alfonso Santoro, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Jersey, 2004
- Luigi Santoro (b. 1992), Italian screenwriter, actor and producer
- Miguel Santoro (b. 1942), Argentine former football manager; he represented the Argentina national football team at the 1974 World Cup
- ... (Another 8 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Santoro Family Crest Products
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!