100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Saiz family come from? What is the Spanish Saiz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Saiz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Saiz family history?The prestigious surname Saiz originated in Spain. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. The name Saiz is derived from the extremely popular medieval given name Sancho. This given name was originally derived from the Latin name Sanctius, a derivative of "sanctus." The name owes its popularity to the fact that it was borne by a 9th century martyr of Cordova.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sánchez, Sanchez, Sans, Sanx, Sanz, Sainz, Sáenz, Saenz, Saiz, Sáez, Saez, Sánguez, Sanguez, Sánchiz and many more.
First found in Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Saiz research. Another 239 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1019, 1370, 1550, and 1610 are included under the topic Early Saiz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 247 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Saiz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Saiz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F Manuel Saiz, aged 50, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Maximo Saiz, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1868
Saiz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Herminegildo Saiz, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Callermelo, Spain, in 1909
- Carlos R. Saiz, aged 31, who emigrated to America from Cienfuegos, Cuba, in 1912
- Angel Saiz, aged 21, who settled in America from Rozas, Spain, in 1912
- Maria Saiz, aged 28, who settled in America from Spain, in 1912
- Fanas Saiz, aged 27, who landed in America from Villatuerco, Spain, in 1917
- Ricardo Calle Saiz, Spanish economist
- Manuel "Manolo" Saiz Balbás (b. 1959), Spanish former team manager of the Spanish professional road bicycle racing team Team ONCE
- Federico "Fede" Sáiz Villegas (b. 1912), Spanish footballer
- Samuel Sáiz Alonso (b. 1991), Spanish footballer
- Odorico Leovigildo Saiz Pérez O.F.M. (b. 1912), Spanish Bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- Mercedes Saiz (b. 1992), Uruguay team handball player
- Miguel Saiz (b. 1949), Argentine politician, Governor of Río Negro Province
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
The Saiz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Saiz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 February 2015 at 23:14.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!