on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Saiz family come from? What is the Spanish Saiz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Saiz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Saiz family history?The prestigious surname Saiz originated in Spain. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. The name Saiz is derived from the extremely popular medieval given name Sancho. This given name was originally derived from the Latin name Sanctius, a derivative of "sanctus." The name owes its popularity to the fact that it was borne by a 9th century martyr of Cordova.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sánchez, Sanchez, Sans, Sanx, Sanz, Sainz, Sáenz, Saenz, Saiz, Sáez, Saez, Sánguez, Sanguez, Sánchiz and many more.
First found in Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Saiz research. Another 239 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1019, 1370, 1550, and 1610 are included under the topic Early Saiz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 247 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Saiz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Saiz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F Manuel Saiz, aged 50, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Maximo Saiz, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1868
Saiz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Herminegildo Saiz, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Callermelo, Spain, in 1909
- Carlos R. Saiz, aged 31, who emigrated to America from Cienfuegos, Cuba, in 1912
- Angel Saiz, aged 21, who settled in America from Rozas, Spain, in 1912
- Maria Saiz, aged 28, who settled in America from Spain, in 1912
- Fanas Saiz, aged 27, who landed in America from Villatuerco, Spain, in 1917
- Ricardo Calle Saiz, Spanish economist
- Manuel "Manolo" Saiz Balbás (b. 1959), Spanish former team manager of the Spanish professional road bicycle racing team Team ONCE
- Federico "Fede" Sáiz Villegas (b. 1912), Spanish footballer
- Samuel Sáiz Alonso (b. 1991), Spanish footballer
- Odorico Leovigildo Saiz Pérez O.F.M. (b. 1912), Spanish Bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- Mercedes Saiz (b. 1992), Uruguay team handball player
- Miguel Saiz (b. 1949), Argentine politician, Governor of Río Negro Province
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Saiz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Saiz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 February 2015 at 23:14.
on orders of $85 or more