Sadowski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
This surname Sadowski comes from a place name where the original bearer of the name would have resided. The roots of this name are the Polish word "sad," which means "orchard," and the possessive suffix "ow." There are many towns in Poland that have names built from these roots. The bear of the name Sadowski would have originally been from one of those towns.
Early Origins of the Sadowski family
The surname Sadowski was first found in Lemberg (Lwow,) a province of Poland. It is bounded by Lublin, Cracow, Tarnopol and Stanislawow. The main cities are those of Lemberg, Prezymysl, Drohobycz, Rzeszow, Jaraslow, Sambor and Sanock. The town of Lemberg was an important trading post with the east. While Polish represents the majority of its peoples there is also a major Ukrainian representation. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Sadowski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sadowski research. Another 130 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1624, 1422, 1624 and 1422 are included under the topic Early Sadowski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sadowski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sadkowski, Sadlowski, Zadkowski, Zadlowski, Sadowski, Sadowsky, Sadownik, Sadovski, Sadovnik, Sadowsky, Sadovnikov, Sadovshchikov and many more.
Early Notables of the Sadowski family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sadowski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Sadowski is the 6,154th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
| Sadowski migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sadowski Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Stanislaus Sadowski, who arrived at Jamestown, Virginia, in 1608
Sadowski Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anthony Sadowski (c. 1669-1736), Polish-born Indian trader and interpreter employed by the provincial governor of Pennsylvania as an Indian agent in the western country; he arrived in New York City in 1704.
Sadowski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adalbert Sadowski, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1875 
- Adalbert Sadowski, who arrived in Allegeny County, Pennsylvania, in 1875
- Albert Sadowski, who arrived in Allegany County, Pennsylvania, in 1875
- Albert Sadowski, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1875 
- Boleslan Sadowski, aged 6, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1893 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Sadowski (post 1700) ||+|
- Jonathan Sadowski (b. 1979), American actor, best known for his starring role as Josh Xander Kaminski on the Freeform sitcom Young & Hungry (2014-2018).
- Robert Frank "Bob" Sadowski (1937-2017), American Major League Baseball player and manager
- Sergeant Joseph J Sadowski (1917-1944), American soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- Peter Sadowski, American television producer
- William E. Sadowski, American Democratic Party politician, Member of Florida State House of Representatives 113th District; Elected 1978 
- Vincent B. Sadowski, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1952 
- Stephen Sadowski, American politician, Candidate for Michigan State Treasurer, 1936 
- Stanley Sadowski, American Democratic Party politician, Postmaster at New Britain, Connecticut, 1949-50 (acting, 1949-50) 
- Jeannie Sadowski, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 17th District, 1992 
- Harold Ball Sadowski, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1950, 1952 
- ... (Another 4 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Historic Events for the Sadowski family ||+|
- Mr. Joseph S. Sadowski, American Seaman First Class working aboard the ship "USS Arizona" when she sunk during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on 7th December 1941, he survived the sinking 
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Pearl Harbour: USS Arizona Casualties List Pearl Harbour December 7, 1941. (Retrieved 2018, July 31st). Retrieved from http://pearl-harbor.com/arizona/casualtylist.html