Ryals History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ryals family
The surname Ryals was first found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in this region and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived. They were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Ryals family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ryals research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ryals History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ryals Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Real, Reael, Reaele, Reals, Riel, Rielle, Rill, Rille, Rile, Rele, Relle, Rels, Rhels, Rhelle, Rhel, Riels, Rhels, van Riel, van Rielle, Réal, Reau, Rheaume, Reaumur and many more.
Early Notables of the Ryals family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ryals Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Ryals is the 5,296th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Ryals migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ryals Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Katharine Ryals, aged 45, who immigrated to the United States, in 1911
- Elizabeth Ryals, aged 2, who immigrated to the United States, in 1911
- George Ryals, aged 29, who settled in America from Sheffield, England, in 1912
- Cabell Ryals, aged 16, who landed in America, in 1924
- Katherine Ryals, aged 62, who immigrated to New York City, N. Y., in 1924
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Ryals (post 1700) +
- Martha Ryals (b. 1954), American actress of stage and screen
- Robert Ryals (b. 1943), American lawyer and politician
- Mark Dwayne Ryals (b. 1960), former American professional baseball player
- Rusty Allen Ryals (b. 1983), American right-handed Major League Baseball player
- Ms. Lynette Joy Ryals O.B.E. (b. 1960), British Pro Vice Chancellor at Cranfield University, previously professor of Strategic Sales and Account Management, was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire on 29th December 2018 for services to Higher Education 
Historic Events for the Ryals family +
- Mr. K. D. Ryals (b. 1872), African American coal miner who was in mine 8 at the Monongah mine on 6th December 1907 when it exploded and collapsed; he died 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62507, 28 December 2018 | London Gazette, The Gazette, Dec. 2018, www.thegazette.co.uk/honours-lists
- ^ Monongah Mining Disaster retrieved on 8th August 2021. (Retrieved fromhttps://usminedisasters.miningquiz.com/saxsewell/monongah.htm).