Routley History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Routley family
The surname Routley was first found in Cumberland, at Routledge where three eminent historians claimed the place at one time existed.  However, modern maps cannot find the locale.
Early History of the Routley family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Routley research. Another 219 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1483, 1494, 1528, 1537, 1643, 1800, 1749, 1800, 1739, 1800, 1200, 1628 and are included under the topic Early Routley History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Routley Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rutledge, Routlege, Routlidge, Routledge, Rutlidge and many more.
Early Notables of the Routley family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Routley Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Routley family to Ireland
Some of the Routley family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 84 words (6 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Routley migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Routley Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Routley, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1872 
Routley migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Routley Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mr. John Routley, (b. 1814), aged 31, English farm labourer who was convicted in Somerset, England for 7 years for stealing, transported aboard the "Equestrian" on 30th June 1845, arriving in Tasmania (Van Diemen's Island), he died in 1897 
Contemporary Notables of the name Routley (post 1700) +
- Hugh Routley (1940-2020), Australian rules footballer who played with Geelong in the VFL
- Jane Routley (b. 1962), Australian writer of fantasy fiction
- Erik Routley (1917-1982), English Congregational minister, composer and musicologist
- Doug Routley (b. 1961), Canadian politician, MLA for Cowichan-Ladysmith, British Columbia (2005-2009)
- Bill Routley (b. 1949), Canadian politician, MLA for Cowichan Valley, British Columbia (2009-)
Related Stories +
- ^ Black, George F., The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Convict Records Voyages to Australia (Retrieved 9th May 2022). https://convictrecords.com.au/ships/equestrian