Early Origins of the Rought family
The surname Rought was first found in Wiltshire
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. Roughton is a village and civil parish in Lincolnshire
. Albert Einstein was brought to live in a small hut on Roughton Heath, Norfolk
after fleeing Nazi Germany
in 1933. A parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred
of North Erpingham in Norfolk
is also named Roughton.
Early History of the Rought family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rought research.Another 266 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1111, 1139, 1181, 1443, 1565, 1455, 1487, 1487, 1544, 1574, 1618 and 1780 are included under the topic Early Rought History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rought Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Wroughton, Wrowton, Wroeton, Wrorton, Wroreton, Rorton, Roughton, Wrowton and many more.
Early Notables of the Rought family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Rought Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Rought family to Ireland
Some of the Rought family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 78 words (6 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Rought family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rought Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Emma Rought, aged 11, who settled in America, in 1895
- Ernest Rought, aged 16, who landed in America, in 1895
- Herbert Rought, aged 10, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
- Leonard Rought, aged 8, who settled in America, in 1895
- Mary Rought, aged 42, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Rought (post 1700)
- G. C. Rought, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1916 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Rodney Charles Rought- Rought (1908-1979), English cricketer who played 34 first-class matches between 1930 and 1937
- Charles Gardner Rought (1884-1919), British silver medalist rower at the 1912 Summer Olympics