Rizzuto History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Rizzuto family
The surname Rizzuto was first found in various parts of Italy including early references in Emilia-Romagna, Venice, Bologna as well as in Lombardy and Tuscany. This name comes from the Italian word "ricco" meaning "curly." The name most likely referred to someone with curly hair.
Early History of the Rizzuto family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rizzuto research. More information is included under the topic Early Rizzuto History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rizzuto Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rizzo, Ricci, Rizzi, Riccio, Rizza, Risso, Lo Riccio, Lo Rizzo, Lorizzo, La Riccia, La Rizza and many more.
Early Notables of the Rizzuto family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Felice Riccio (1542-1605), an Italian painter of the late-Renaissance period; Antonello Riccio (active 1576), an Italian painter of the Renaissance period; Andrea Riccio (c. 1470-1532) born Andrea Briosco, an Italian sculptor and occasional architect; Domenico Riccio (also known as Domenico Brusasorci (1516-1567), an Italian painter; Pietro Ricchi (1606-1675), an Italian painter of the Baroque period, born in Lucca; Archbishop Ricciulli who adopted the Roman...
Another 70 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rizzuto Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Rizzuto is the 12,148th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Rizzuto migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rizzuto Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrea Rizzuto, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Anna Rizzuto, aged 70, who landed in America from Carlopoli, Italy, in 1907
- Anna Rizzuto, aged 0, who immigrated to the United States from Caltalollotte, Sicily, in 1908
- Angelo Rizzuto, aged 9, who settled in America from Panettiere, Italy, in 1910
- Alfonso Rizzuto, aged 40, who immigrated to America from Colosino, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Rizzuto (post 1700) +
- Angelo A. Rizzuto (1906-1967), American street photographer in Manhattan
- Philip Francis "The Scooter" Rizzuto (1917-2007), American Major League Baseball shortstop, inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1994
- Paul Rizzuto (1936-1964), Australian fencer at the 1964 Summer Olympics
- Garth Alexander Rizzuto (b. 1947), Canadian retired professional NHL ice hockey centre from Trail, British Columbia
- Pietro Rizzuto (1934-1997), Italian-born, Canadian politician
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm