on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Rinehart family come from? What is the German Rinehart family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rinehart family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rinehart family history?A multitude of prestigious family names, such as the surname Rinehart, were formed in the lands which became the modern state of Silesia. In the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Silesia derived its name from the Germanic tribe named the Silingers, who occupied Silesia between the 2nd and 6th centuries.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reinhardt, Reinhard, Reinhart, Rheinhardt, Rheinhart, Rheinhard, Reinherdt, Reinherd, Reinhert, Reinert (northern Germany), Reinardt, Reinard and many more.
First found in Saxony, where this family became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. The name stems from the Old-German word "Regin-hard" which means "brave in council." Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rinehart research. Another 259 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1468, 1819, 1665, 1736, 1664, 1712, 1695, 1766, 1790, 1761, 1837, 1813, 1769 and 1840 are included under the topic Early Rinehart History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 211 words(15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rinehart Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rinehart Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Michel Rinehart, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Henry Rinehart, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1764
- Johann Adam Rinehart, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1773
- George Rinehart, who arrived in Frederick County, Maryland in 1798
Rinehart Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Rinehart, who arrived in Maryland in 1812
- Christian Rinehart, who arrived in Maryland in 1826
- Tetrick Rinehart, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1834
- Michael Rinehart, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1837
- Frank Rinehart, aged 21, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1872
- William Henry Rinehart (1825-1874), noted American sculptor
- Mary Roberts Rinehart (1876-1958), American writer
- Charles Ramsay Rinehart (1875-1933), American football player, engineer and businessman
- Dana G. "Buck" Rinehart (b. 1946), American politician, 50th mayor of Columbus, Ohio
- Chad Rinehart (b. 1985), American football guard
- Frank Albert Rinehart (1861-1928), American artist
- Patricia Rinehart, American poet and playwright
- Aubrey Rinehart, American model, actress and business woman
- Lisa Rinehart, ballet dancer for the American Ballet Theater
- Georgina "Gina" Hope Rinehart (b. 1954), Australian mining heiress
- The Rineharts of Perry Co. Ohio by Bruce Anderson.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
The Rinehart Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rinehart Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 November 2014 at 19:56.
on orders of $85 or more