Reinhart History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
A multitude of prestigious family names, such as the surname Reinhart, were formed in the lands which became the modern state of Silesia. In the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Silesia derived its name from the Germanic tribe named the Silingers, who occupied Silesia between the 2nd and 6th centuries.
Early Origins of the Reinhart family
The surname Reinhart was first found in Saxony, where this family became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. The name stems from the Old-German word "Regin-hard" which means "brave in council." Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Reinhart family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reinhart research. Another 130 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1468, 1819, 1665, 1736, 1664, 1712, 1695, 1766, 1790, 1761, 1837, 1813, 1769 and 1840 are included under the topic Early Reinhart History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Reinhart Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reinhardt, Reinhard, Reinhart, Rheinhardt, Rheinhart, Rheinhard, Reinherdt, Reinherd, Reinhert, Reinert (northern Germany), Reinardt, Reinard and many more.
Early Notables of the Reinhart family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Reinhart at this time were Johann Reinhard III of Hanau-Lichtenberg (1665-1736), the last of the counts of Hanau-Lichtenberg; Philipp Reinhard of Hanau-Münzenberg (1664-1712), Count of Hanau-Münzenberg; Christian Karl Reinhard of Leiningen-Dachsburg-Falkenburg-Heidesheim (1695-1766), a German nobleman; Hans Reinhardt, a royal lieutenant captain in the Austrian army and was ennobled by Kaiser Leopold I for...
Another 58 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Reinhart Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Reinhart migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Reinhart Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jozep Reinhart, who landed in New York in 1709 
- Kasper Reinhart, who arrived in New York in 1709 
- Koenraet Reinhart, who landed in New York in 1709 
- Daniel Reinhart, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1739 
- Friederich Reinhart, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1746 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Reinhart Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- H G Reinhart, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- Christiana Reinhart, who landed in Texas in 1854 
- Christopher Reinhart, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1855 
- James M Reinhart, who arrived in Savanna(h), Georgia in 1855 
- Johann B Reinhart, who landed in Ohio in 1869 
Contemporary Notables of the name Reinhart (post 1700) +
- George Reinhart (1942-1997), American associate producer, known for Das Boot ist voll (1981), À corps perdu (1988) and Jeanne la Pucelle II-Les prisons (1994)
- Benjamin Franklin Reinhart (1829-1885), American painter
- Charles Stanley Reinhart (1844-1896), American painter and illustrator
- Nicole Louise Reinhart (1976-2000), American professional track and road racing cyclist and gold medalist
- William Reinhart (1896-1971), American college basketball coach at George Washington University
- Joseph W. Reinhart, the twelfth president of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway
- Charles H. Reinhart, American Democrat politician, Member of Massachusetts State House of Representatives Ninth Suffolk District, 1905 
- Charles G. Reinhart Jr., American politician, Mayor of Garden City, New York, 1941-42 
- Charles A. Reinhart, American politician, Representative from Illinois at-large, 1930 
- Arthur J. Reinhart, American politician, Member of New Hampshire State House of Representatives from Portsmouth 1st Ward; Elected 1938; Member of New Hampshire State Senate 24th District, 1941-42, 1949-50 
- ... (Another 8 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html