on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Redhead was first found in Fife
, where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the census rolls taken by the ancient Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Redhead, Redhede, Redhed and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Redhead research. Another 157 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1290, 1358, and 1508 are included under the topic Early Redhead History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Redhead Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Redhead Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Christopher and Goodwife Redhead settled in Virginia in 1622
- Christopher Redhead, who arrived in Virginia in 1623
Redhead Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- George Redhead, who landed in Virginia in 1728
- Elizabeth Redhead and her husband Thomas settled in Virginia in 1736
Redhead Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- B Redhead, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
Redhead Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Redhead, aged 34, a farm labourer, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Dorette" in 1874
- Wesley Redhead, American politician, Postmaster at Des Moines, Iowa, 1853-61
- Joseph Redhead, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Mississippi, 1924
- Kimron Redhead (b. 1981), Grenadian footballer for the Grenada national football team
- Janelle Redhead (b. 1989), Grenadian sprinter
- Georgina Redhead, British stage and television actress
- Leigh Redhead (b. 1971), Australian mystery writer
- Edward Charles Redhead (1902-1967), British civil servant and politician
- Brian Leonard Redhead (1929-1994), British author, journalist and broadcaster
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Prebble, John. The Highland Clearances. London: Secker & Warburg, 1963. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Scots Kith and Kin And Illustrated Map Revised 2nd Edition. Edinburgh: Clan House/Albyn. Print.
- Catholic Directory For Scotland. Glasgow: Burns Publications. Print.
- Fulton, Alexander. Scotland and Her Tartans: The Romantic Heritage of the Scottish Clans and Families. Godalming: Bramley, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-86283-880-0).
- Black, George F. The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3).
The Redhead Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Redhead Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 December 2015 at 09:12.
on orders of $85 or more