on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Truls Rasmussen, aged 31, landed in New York, NY in 1843
- Soren Rasmussen, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Hansing Rasmussen, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Claus Rasmussen, who came to New York on the steamship Schiller in 1875
- Peter C Fio Rasmussen, who landed in Mississippi in 1875
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Rasmussen, who arrived in Mississippi in 1902
- Christian Rasmussen, who landed in Alabama in 1924
Rasmussen Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Maren Rasmussen, aged 22, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Carmen Rasmussen (b. 1985), Canadian-American singer
- Dennis Rasmussen (b. 1959), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Bruce Rasmussen (b. 1961), American television producer
- Blair Rasmussen (b. 1962), American former professional basketball player
- Alis Rasmussen (b. 1958), American writer known by the name Kate Elliott
- Hugo Rasmussen (1941-2015), Danish bassist, best known for his 1978 album Sweets to the Sweet
- Knud Johan Victor Rasmussen (1879-1933), Danish explorer
- Brigadier John Herbert Rasmussen (1902-1952), Australian Director-General of Army Public Relations from 1944 to 1945
- Scott Rasmussen, co-founder of the sports television network ESPN and polling company Rasmussen Reports
- Egil Rasmussen (1903-1964), Norwegian author, literature critic and musician
Rasmussen Historic Events
- Mrs. Lena Jakobsen Rasmussen (d. 1912), (née Solvang), aged 62, Norwegian Third Class passenger from Haugesund, Rogaland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
The Rasmussen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rasmussen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 August 2016 at 15:05.
on orders of $85 or more