on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish, German
Where did the Danish Rasmussen family come from? What is the Danish Rasmussen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rasmussen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rasmussen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Truls Rasmussen, aged 31, landed in New York, NY in 1843
- Soren Rasmussen, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Hansing Rasmussen, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Claus Rasmussen, who came to New York on the steamship Schiller in 1875
- Peter C Fio Rasmussen, who landed in Mississippi in 1875
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Rasmussen, who arrived in Mississippi in 1902
- Christian Rasmussen, who landed in Alabama in 1924
Rasmussen Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Maren Rasmussen, aged 22, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Carmen Rasmussen (b. 1985), Canadian-American singer
- Dennis Rasmussen (b. 1959), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Bruce Rasmussen (b. 1961), American television producer
- Blair Rasmussen (b. 1962), American former professional basketball player
- Alis Rasmussen (b. 1958), American writer known by the name Kate Elliott
- Hugo Rasmussen (1941-2015), Danish bassist, best known for his 1978 album Sweets to the Sweet
- Knud Johan Victor Rasmussen (1879-1933), Danish explorer
- Mrs. Lena Jakobsen Rasmussen (d. 1912), (née Solvang), aged 62, Norwegian Third Class passenger from Haugesund, Rogaland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Brigadier John Herbert Rasmussen (1902-1952), Australian Director-General of Army Public Relations from 1944 to 1945
- Scott Rasmussen, co-founder of the sports television network ESPN and polling company Rasmussen Reports
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
The Rasmussen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rasmussen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 December 2015 at 11:03.
on orders of $85 or more