on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Danish, German
Where did the Danish Rasmussen family come from? What is the Danish Rasmussen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rasmussen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rasmussen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Truls Rasmussen, aged 31, landed in New York, NY in 1843
- Soren Rasmussen, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Hansing Rasmussen, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Claus Rasmussen, who came to New York on the steamship Schiller in 1875
- Peter C Fio Rasmussen, who landed in Mississippi in 1875
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Rasmussen, who arrived in Mississippi in 1902
- Christian Rasmussen, who landed in Alabama in 1924
Rasmussen Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Maren Rasmussen, aged 22, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Alis Rasmussen (b. 1958), American writer known by the name Kate Elliott
- Blair Rasmussen (b. 1962), American former professional basketball player
- Bruce Rasmussen (b. 1961), American television producer
- Carmen Rasmussen (b. 1985), Canadian-American singer
- Dennis Rasmussen (b. 1959), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Knud Johan Victor Rasmussen (1879-1933), Danish explorer
- Anders Fogh Rasmussen (b. 1953), Prime Minister of Denmark
- Egil Rasmussen (1903-1964), Norwegian author, literature critic and musician
- Scott Rasmussen, co-founder of the sports television network ESPN and polling company Rasmussen Reports
- Brigadier John Herbert Rasmussen (1902-1952), Australian Director-General of Army Public Relations from 1944 to 1945
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Rasmussen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rasmussen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 December 2014 at 20:13.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more