on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Danish, German
Where did the Danish Rasmussen family come from? What is the Danish Rasmussen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rasmussen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rasmussen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Truls Rasmussen, aged 31, landed in New York, NY in 1843
- Soren Rasmussen, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Hansing Rasmussen, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Claus Rasmussen, who came to New York on the steamship Schiller in 1875
- Peter C Fio Rasmussen, who landed in Mississippi in 1875
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Rasmussen, who arrived in Mississippi in 1902
- Christian Rasmussen, who landed in Alabama in 1924
Rasmussen Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Maren Rasmussen, aged 22, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Carmen Rasmussen (b. 1985), Canadian-American singer
- Dennis Rasmussen (b. 1959), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Bruce Rasmussen (b. 1961), American television producer
- Blair Rasmussen (b. 1962), American former professional basketball player
- Alis Rasmussen (b. 1958), American writer known by the name Kate Elliott
- Hugo Rasmussen (1941-2015), Danish bassist, best known for his 1978 album Sweets to the Sweet
- Knud Johan Victor Rasmussen (1879-1933), Danish explorer
- Mrs. Lena Jakobsen Rasmussen (d. 1912), (née Solvang), aged 62, Norwegian Third Class passenger from Haugesund, Rogaland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Brigadier John Herbert Rasmussen (1902-1952), Australian Director-General of Army Public Relations from 1944 to 1945
- Scott Rasmussen, co-founder of the sports television network ESPN and polling company Rasmussen Reports
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
The Rasmussen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rasmussen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 November 2015 at 18:06.
on orders of $85 or more