on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Truls Rasmussen, aged 31, landed in New York, NY in 1843
- Soren Rasmussen, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Hansing Rasmussen, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Claus Rasmussen, who came to New York on the steamship Schiller in 1875
- Peter C Fio Rasmussen, who landed in Mississippi in 1875
Rasmussen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Rasmussen, who arrived in Mississippi in 1902
- Christian Rasmussen, who landed in Alabama in 1924
Rasmussen Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Maren Rasmussen, aged 22, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Carmen Rasmussen (b. 1985), Canadian-American singer
- Dennis Rasmussen (b. 1959), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Bruce Rasmussen (b. 1961), American television producer
- Blair Rasmussen (b. 1962), American former professional basketball player
- Alis Rasmussen (b. 1958), American writer known by the name Kate Elliott
- Hugo Rasmussen (1941-2015), Danish bassist, best known for his 1978 album Sweets to the Sweet
- Knud Johan Victor Rasmussen (1879-1933), Danish explorer
- Brigadier John Herbert Rasmussen (1902-1952), Australian Director-General of Army Public Relations from 1944 to 1945
- Scott Rasmussen, co-founder of the sports television network ESPN and polling company Rasmussen Reports
- Egil Rasmussen (1903-1964), Norwegian author, literature critic and musician
Rasmussen Historic Events
- Mrs. Lena Jakobsen Rasmussen (d. 1912), (née Solvang), aged 62, Norwegian Third Class passenger from Haugesund, Rogaland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
The Rasmussen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rasmussen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 December 2015 at 11:03.
on orders of $85 or more