Ranallo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ranallo family
The surname Ranallo was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The name is so widespread that it is very likely that there were originally several families that took this name without knowing of the others' existence; it is unlikely that all the bearers of the Ranallo name in the world today share a common ancestor. The name is the Italian equivalent to the English name Reynold, which originated from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements "ragin," meaning "counsel" and "wald," meaning "rule."
Early History of the Ranallo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ranallo research. Another 108 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1298, 1526, 1551, 1792, 1504, 1595, 1671, 1570, 1655, 1611, 1691, 1620, 1676, 1710 and 1794 are included under the topic Early Ranallo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ranallo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rinaldi, Rindaldo, Renaldo, Renaldi, Rinaldis, Rainaldo, Ranaldo, Renaldi, Rinaudi, Rinauro, Rinallo, Ranalli, Rinaldelli and many more.
Early Notables of the Ranallo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Antonio Rinaldeschi (died 1504), an Italian gambler and blasphemer; Odorico Raynaldi or Rinaldi (1595-1671), an Italian historian and Oratorian; Girolamo Rainaldi (1570-1655), an Italian architect who worked mainly in a conservative Mannerist...
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ranallo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Ranallo is the 17,595th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Ranallo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ranallo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonia Ranallo, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Santalinia, in 1900
- Antonio Ranallo, aged 17, who settled in America from Ateleta, in 1902
- Angela Ranallo, aged 30, who landed in America from Ateleta, Italy, in 1908
- Angelo Ranallo, aged 44, who landed in America from Pescocostomza, Italy, in 1912
- Anna Ranallo, aged 24, who settled in America from Ateleta, Italy, in 1919
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Ranallo (post 1700) +
- Phillip A. Ranallo (b. 1982), American actor from Douglasville, Georgia, known for his work on Evan Almighty (2007) and CNN Talkback Live (1994)
- Mike Ranallo, American actor, known for Cowboys Vs. Vampires (2010), Avé Maria (2009) and The Crypt (2009)
- Mauro Ranallo (b. 1969), Canadian actor from Abbotsford, British Columbia, known for NXT TakeOver: New Orleans (2018), Glory Kickboxing (2013) and Death Warrior (2009)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm