Rafalski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: German
Early Origins of the Rafalski family
The surname Rafalski was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. Wolczyn was the seat of the Czartoryski family. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Rafalski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rafalski research.Another 187 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 179 and 1790 are included under the topic Early Rafalski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rafalski Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Rafalowski, Rafalski, Rafalavich, Rafalowicz, Rafalowskimi, Rafaloski and many more.
Early Notables of the Rafalski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Rafalski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Rafalski family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rafalski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Franz Rafalski, who was naturalized in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1884
- Franz Rafalski, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1884
- Marion Rafalski, who arrived in Detroit in 1890
- Marion Rafalski, who was married in Detroit in 1890
Contemporary Notables of the name Rafalski (post 1700)
- Brian Christopher Rafalski (b. 1973), American former professional NHL ice hockey defenseman who played from 1995 to 2014, inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame
- Carl J Rafalski (b. 1897), American businessman
Rafalski Family Crest Products