Radtke History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Radtke is a local surname; it is derived from the place name Radeck, a castle in Oppel, in Silesia. While it is generally regarded that the name was from this area, the first record of the name was in Switzerland. The derivation from the place name Radeck makes this a habitation surname; that is, a surname based upon an already existing place name. The other type of local name is topographic names, based upon a physical feature of the local geography, such as a forest, or a river, and so on.
Early Origins of the Radtke family
The surname Radtke was first found in Switzerland, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation. Chronicles first mention Heinrich von Radekke of Upper- Austria in 1256, and Hans Radecker of Eger in Bohemia around 1395.
Early History of the Radtke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Radtke research. Another 144 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1233, 1733, 1791, 1776 and 1233 are included under the topic Early Radtke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Radtke Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Radecke, Radek, Radeke, Radeck, Radecki, Radacke, Radake, Radacker, Radecker and many more.
Early Notables of the Radtke family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Radtke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Radtke migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Radtke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friedrich Wilhelm Radtke, aged 34, who landed in America in 1839 
- Karoline Elis Radtke, aged 44, who arrived in America in 1843 
- Anna Regina Radtke, aged 52, who arrived in America in 1843 
Contemporary Notables of the name Radtke (post 1700) +
- Edward Radtke (b. 1962), American film director, screenwriter and film producer
- Jamie Radtke (b. 1973), American activist and political candidate
- Jack William Radtke (1913-2006), American Major League Baseball player
- Doctor Peter Radtke (b. 1943), German actor and playwright
- Helga Radtke (b. 1962), German gold medalist track and field athlete
- Katarzyna Radtke (b. 1969), retired Polish race walker
Historic Events for the Radtke family +
- Erwin Radtke (1922-1941), German Matrose who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
- Gustav Radtke (1918-1941), German Matrosengefreiter who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details