The surname Radeke is a local
surname; it is derived from the place name Radeck, a castle in Oppel, in Silesia
. While it is generally regarded that the name was from this area, the first record of the name was in Switzerland
. The derivation from the place name Radeck makes this a habitation surname; that is, a surname based upon an already existing place name. The other type of local name is topographic names, based upon a physical feature of the local geography, such as a forest, or a river, and so on.
Early Origins of the Radeke family
The surname Radeke was first found in Switzerland
, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal
System and the nation. Chronicles first mention Heinrich von Radekke of Upper- Austria
in 1256, and Hans Radecker of Eger in Bohemia around 1395.
Early History of the Radeke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Radeke research.Another 287 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1233, 1733, 1791, 1776 and 1233 are included under the topic Early Radeke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Radeke Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Radecke, Radek, Radeke, Radeck, Radecki, Radacke, Radake, Radacker, Radecker and many more.
Early Notables of the Radeke family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Radeke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Radeke family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Radeke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friedericke Radeke, who landed in Texas in 1846 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Friedricka Radeke, who immigrated to Texas in 1847
- Mrs. E. G. Radeke, aged 40, who settled in America, in 1893
- Marie Radeke, aged 53, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
- Mrs. Radeke, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1894
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Radeke Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Eliza G. Radeke, aged 50, who emigrated to America, in 1908
- Heinrich Radeke, aged 29, who landed in America from Bremen, Germany, in 1909
- Mrs. Gustave Radeke, who landed in America, in 1909
Contemporary Notables of the name Radeke (post 1700)
- Charles F. Radeke, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1920 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html