Quintal History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Portuguese surname Quintal is of habitation origin, as it is derived from the place where the original bearer lived or held land. Thus the surname signifies "one from Quintal."
Early Origins of the Quintal family
The surname Quintal was first found in Portugal, where the family held their ancestral seat in the village of Quintal. The Quintal family was first recorded in the fourteenth century under Afonso Anes do Quintal.
Early History of the Quintal family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Quintal research.Another 193 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 184 and 1849 are included under the topic Early Quintal History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Quintal Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Quintal family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Quintal Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Quintal family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Quintal Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- W. T. Quintal, aged 0, who landed in America from Newton Abbott, in 1896
Quintal Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Silva Quintal, aged 0, who emigrated to the United States from Lisbon, Portugal, in 1912
- Irene Quintal, aged 2, who settled in America from Lisbon, Portugal, in 1912
- Antonio Quintal, aged 33, who landed in America from Canico, Madeira, in 1913
- Francesca Quintal, aged 29, who landed in America from Sao Martinko, Madeira, in 1913
- Antonio Quintal, aged 37, who settled in America from Sao Tegue, Madeira, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Quintal (post 1700)
- Arthur Quintal (1795-1873), Pitcairn Islander who served as the island's second magistrate, from 1840 to 1841
- Edward Quintal (1800-1841), the first Magistrate of the British Overseas Territory of Pitcairn Island
- Matthew Quintal (1766-1799), English able seaman and mutineer aboard HMS Bounty
- Stéphane Quintal (b. 1968), Canadian (Quebec), professional (NHL) ice hockey player
- Joseph Quintal, British export merchant
- John Moresby Quintal, Australian politician
Quintal Family Crest Products