Quinlisk History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Quinlisk comes from the Irish O Cuindlis.
Early Origins of the Quinlisk family
The surname Quinlisk was first found in Tipperary and Offaly. The Annals of Loch Ce record the slaying of the eminent historian Domhnall O Cuindlis by the O'Concannons in 1342. Around 1400, Murchadh O Cuindlis was the scribe of The Red Book of Munster and part of The Yellow Book of Lecan. Cornelius O Cunlis was a bishop in Clonfert from 1448-1463.
Early History of the Quinlisk family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Quinlisk research. More information is included under the topic Early Quinlisk History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Quinlisk Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Quinlisk, Conliss, Cunlisk, Quinlish, Conlish and others.
Early Notables of the Quinlisk family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Quinlisk Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Quinlisk migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Quinlisk Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Michael and Martin Quinlisk, who were naturalized in Ohio between 1840 and 1897
- James Quinlisk and his family and Hugh Quinlish and his family, who arrived in New York in 1848 and 1849
- Margaret Quinlisk and Betty Quinlisk, who immigrated to New York in 1852
- Patrick Quinlisk, who became an American citizen in Ohio in 1858
- Sally Quinlisk and her family, who landed in New York in 1865
Contemporary Notables of the name Quinlisk (post 1700) +
- Patricia Quinlisk, American medical epidemiologist practicing at the Iowa Department of Public Health where she functions as both the Medical Director and the State Epidemiologist
Related Stories +