Early Origins of the Previti family
The surname Previti was first found in Treviso. anciently Tarvisium, a town in Venetia, capital of the province of Treviso. The cathedral of San Pietro is notable and dates back to 1141. It is classical style with seven domes with works by many notable painters and sculptors. The Piazza dei Signori has many palaces. In the 6th century this town was a seat of a Lombard duke. Charlemagne
held it. Later it was Venetian. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Previti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Previti research.Another 205 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1204, 1381, 1774, 1613, 1699, 1701 and 1774 are included under the topic Early Previti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Previti Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Preti, Prete, Previ, Preve, Previte, Proviteri, Prevedello, Prevedel, Previtali, Prevati, Previati, Pretti, Pretty and many more.
Early Notables of the Previti family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Previti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Previti family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Previti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrea Previti, aged 41, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1905
- Concetta Previti, aged 55, who landed in America from Messina, Italy, in 1907
- Antonia Previti, aged 26, who landed in America from Sortino, Sicily, in 1909
- Antonino Previti, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Taormina, Messina, in 1909
- Antonnio Previti, aged 22, who settled in America from S.Cudgio, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Previti (post 1700)
- Cesare Previti (b. 1934), former Italian politician