on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Polanco family come from? What is the German Polanco family crest and coat of arms? When did the Polanco family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Polanco family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pohl, Pohle, Polan, Pohlan, Pohland, Pohlmann, Poehl and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. Chronicles first mention Mertin Polan of Liegnitz in 1429, and Johann am Pohle in 1546. Often the name meant "from or living near Poland," but "Am Pohle" meant living on or near swampland.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Polanco research. Another 329 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1706, 1722, 1815, 1846, 1624, 1695, 1819, 1887, 1826 and 1896 are included under the topic Early Polanco History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 89 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Polanco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Polanco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miguel De Polanco, who landed in America in 1809
- Apolinar Polanco, aged 22, arrived in Puerto Rico in 1854
- Vicente Polanco, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1855
- Higinio Polanco, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1882
- Gregorio De Polanco, who landed in Peru in 1892
- Danielle Polanco (b. 1985), American dancer and choreographer
- Nicholas "Nicky" Polanco (b. 1980), American lacrosse player, Major League Lacrosse Defensive Player of the Year Award (2004)
- Richard G. Polanco, American politician, former California State Senate Majority leader and member of the California State Assembly
- Plácido Enrique Polanco (b. 1975), Dominican-American Major League Baseball player
- Richard G. Polanco, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2000
- Juan Carlos Polanco, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 2008
- Gloria Polanco, Colombian former First Lady of the Huila Department, wife of Governor Jaime Lozada Perdomo
- Pedro Aldo Polanco Contreras, Chilean politician who is currently one of the Councillors of Pichilemu
- Jesús Polanco Gutiérrez (1929-2007), Spanish businessman, ranked at number 210 in Forbes World's Richest People list in 2005
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
The Polanco Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Polanco Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 October 2015 at 14:29.
on orders of $85 or more