on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Pinches family come from? What is the English Pinches family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pinches family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pinches family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pinck, Pinch, Pinches, Pynck, Pinc, Pinke, Pynke and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where the family was first listed in the Pipe Rolls of 1176. At that time, Adam Pinc held estates in that shire. 
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pinches research. Another 245 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1190, 1200, 1273, 1411, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Pinches History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Pinches Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pinches Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jon Pinches, who arrived in Virginia in 1635
Pinches Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Pinches, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1866
Pinches Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- William Pinches, aged 25, arrived in South Australia in 1853 aboard the ship "Ramillies"
- ^ Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
The Pinches Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pinches Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 November 2015 at 08:38.
on orders of $85 or more