on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Pinches family come from? What is the English Pinches family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pinches family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pinches family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pinck, Pinch, Pinches, Pynck, Pinc, Pinke, Pynke and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where the family was first listed in the Pipe Rolls of 1176. At that time, Adam Pinc held estates in that shire. 
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pinches research. Another 245 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1190, 1200, 1273, 1411, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Pinches History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Pinches Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pinches Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jon Pinches, who arrived in Virginia in 1635
Pinches Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Pinches, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1866
Pinches Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- William Pinches, aged 25, arrived in South Australia in 1853 aboard the ship "Ramillies"
- ^ Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
The Pinches Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pinches Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 November 2015 at 08:38.
on orders of $85 or more