Piette History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: Dutch
Early Origins of the Piette family
The surname Piette was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Piette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Piette research.Another 272 words (19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Piette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Piette Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Pieters, Pieter, Pietters, Pietter, Pieterrs, Pieterr, Peiters, Peitters, van Pieters and many more.
Early Notables of the Piette family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Piette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Piette family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Piette Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John B. P. Piette, who settled in Oregon in 1855
- Joseph Piette, who settled in Wisconsin sometime between 1856 and 1870
- Marie Piette, who settled in Wisconsin sometime between 1856 and 1870
- Marie Therese Piette, who settled in Wisconsin in 1880
Piette Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Jean Piette, who settled in Quebec in 1665
- Marguerite Chemereau Piette, who arrived in Sorel, Quebec sometime between 1668 and 1681
Contemporary Notables of the name Piette (post 1700)
- Daniel J. Piette (b. 1957), American businessperson, Chief Executive Officer of Bell Geospace, CEO of OpenSpirit Corporation
- Maurice Piette (1923-1932), Monaco politician, 3rd Minister of State of Monaco
- Josly Piette (b. 1943), Belgian politician and former trade unionist, member of the Centre démocrate humaniste
- Ludovic Piette -Montfoucault (1826-1878), French Impressionist painter
- Édouard Louis Stanislas Piette (1827-1906), French archaeologist and prehistorian from Aubigny-les-Pothée
- Albert Piette (b. 1960), Belgian anthropologist from Namur, Belgium, professor at Paris West University Nanterre La Défense
- Jacques Piette (1916-1990), French politician who represented the French Section of the Workers' International (SFIO) in the National Assembly from 1956 to 1958
- Samuel Piette (b. 1994), Canadian soccer player who plays for the Montreal Impact
Piette Family Crest Products