on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Pichette family come from? What is the French Pichette family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pichette family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pichette family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Piché, Pichet, Picher, Pichez, Pichey, Pichel, Pichelin, Picherel, Picherot, Pichoir, Pichois, Pichon, Pichonneau, Pichot, Pichoud and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family was established in Puchay, a parish in the department of Eure, in the district of Andélys.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pichette research. Another 173 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1603, 1696, 1701, 1749, and 1794 are included under the topic Early Pichette History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 44 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Pichette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pichette Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Benjamin Pichette, aged 50, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, in 1898
Pichette Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- George Pichette, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1924
- Patrick Pichette, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Google Inc
- Dave Pichette (b. 1960), Canadian retired professional NHL ice hockey player from Newfoundland
- Joseph Roger Eugene Pichette DFC (1921-2002), Canadian politician
- Robert Pichette (b. 1936), son of Albert Pichette, Judge of the Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick
- Jean-François Pichette (b. 1962), Québécois actor
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The Pichette Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pichette Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 December 2013 at 04:22.
on orders of $85 or more