Perconte History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Perconte family
The surname Perconte was first found in Udine, a town in Venetia and capital of the province of Udine. An old walled city it dates back to early Roman times. There is an old castle (1517) in the center of the town which is now used as a museum and art gallery. The church of S.Maria della Purita is notable with many treasures. The town hall was built in 1448. It was the seat of the Italian command in WWI. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Perconte family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Perconte research.Another 159 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Perconte History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Perconte Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Perconte, Percoto, Percotto, Percotti, Percoti, Perconti, Perconto, Percote, Percotte, Perconty and many more.
Early Notables of the Perconte family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Perconte Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Perconte family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Perconte Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Licatese Ginbia Perconte, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Sciacca, in 1900
- Antonino Perconte, aged 41, who settled in America from Goorano, in 1901
- Marianna Perconte, aged 19, who settled in America from Sciacia, in 1906
- Gaspare Perconte, aged 18, who landed in America from Cianciana, in 1907
- Onofrio Perconte, aged 25, who landed in America from Bivona, Sicily, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Perconte (post 1700)
- John Patrick "Jack" Perconte (b. 1954), American Major League Baseball second baseman who played from 1980 to 1986, nephew of Frank Perconte
- Frank J. Perconte (1917-2013), American non-commissioned officer during World War II with Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, recipient of the Bronze Star, Purple Heart and Croix de Guerre, portrayed by James Madio in Band of Brothers
- Jacques Perconte (b. 1974), French Filmmaker and new media artist
Perconte Family Crest Products