100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Spelling variations of this family name include: Peace, Pease, Paise and others.
First found in the Orkney Islands, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Scotland to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Peace research. Another 285 words (20 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Peace History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Peace Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Peace Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Anthony Peace, who settled in Virginia in 1650
- Anthony Peace, who landed in Virginia in 1650
- Rich Peace, who arrived in Virginia in 1657
- John Peace, who landed in Virginia in 1658
- Elizabeth Peace, who arrived in Maryland in 1671
Peace Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edward Peace, who settled in Virginia in 1764
Peace Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James, John, and Thomas Peace, who all arrived in Philadelphia between 1820 and 1866
Peace Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Betsy Peace, aged 59, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1852 aboard the ship "Caucasian"
- Mary Peace, aged 31, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1852 aboard the ship "Amazon"
Peace Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- William Peace arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "African" in 1860
- J. Stephen "Steve" Peace (b. 1953), American film writer and producer, and Democrat politician
- T. W. Peace, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Tennessee, 1900, 1936
- Roger Craft Peace (1899-1968), American Democrat politician, Newspaper publisher; U.S. Senator from South Carolina, 1941
- P. P. Peace, American politician, Member of North Carolina House of Commons from Granville County, 1864-65
- John T. Peace Jr., American Democrat politician, Candidate for Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from Blair County 2nd District, 1960
- John Peace, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1952 (alternate), 1956 (alternate), 1964
- James Stephen Peace (b. 1953), American politician, Member of California State Assembly, 1982-93; Member of California State Senate, 1993-2002
- James Peace, American politician, Member of Maryland State House of Delegates from Caroline County, 1803
- Christopher K. Peace, American Republican politician, Elected Virginia State House of Delegates 97th District 2011
- Charles P. Peace, American politician, Representative from Kentucky 5th District, 1968
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Socts Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Modern Application of the Art of Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Bloxham, Ben. Key to Parochial Registers of Scotland From Earliest Times Through 1854 2nd edition. Provo, UT: Stevenson's Genealogical Center, 1979. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Urquhart, Blair Edition. Tartans The New Compact Study Guide and Identifier. Secauccus, NJ: Chartwell Books, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0-7858-0050-6).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Warner, Philip Warner. Famous Scottish Battles. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1996. Print. (ISBN 0-76070-004-4).
The Peace Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Peace Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 January 2016 at 12:50.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!