on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Peace family come from? What is the Scottish Peace family crest and coat of arms? When did the Peace family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Peace family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Peace, Pease, Paise and others.
First found in the Orkney Islands, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Scotland to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Peace research. Another 285 words(20 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Peace History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Peace Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Peace Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Anthony Peace, who settled in Virginia in 1650
- Anthony Peace, who landed in Virginia in 1650
- Rich Peace, who arrived in Virginia in 1657
- John Peace, who landed in Virginia in 1658
- Elizabeth Peace, who arrived in Maryland in 1671
Peace Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edward Peace, who settled in Virginia in 1764
Peace Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James, John, and Thomas Peace, who all arrived in Philadelphia between 1820 and 1866
Peace Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Betsy Peace, aged 59, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1852 aboard the ship "Caucasian"
- Mary Peace, aged 31, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1852 aboard the ship "Amazon"
Peace Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- William Peace arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "African" in 1860
- J. Stephen "Steve" Peace (b. 1953), American film writer and producer, and Democrat politician
- David Peace (b. 1967), English author
- Joshua Peace, Canadian actor
- Heather Peace (b. 1975), English actress and musician
- Black, George F. The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Browne, James. The History of Scotland it's Highlands, Regiments and Clans 8 Volumes. Edinburgh: Francis A Niccolls & Co, 1909. Print.
The Peace Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Peace Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 July 2014 at 05:09.
on orders of $85 or more