100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Pattinson family come from? What is the English Pattinson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pattinson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pattinson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pattenson, Pattinson, Pattonson, Patenson, Patinson, Patonson, Pattynson and many more.
First found in Cumberland where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 12th century when they held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pattinson research. Another 315 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1463, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Pattinson History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Pattinson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pattinson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas Pattinson who settled in New York State in 1804
- Thos Pattinson, who landed in New York, NY in 1804
- William "Bill" Pattinson, English former professional rugby league footballer who played for the England National Team in 981
- Hugh Lee Pattinson FRS (1796-1858), English industrial chemist, known for his patent process for refining silver
- Lewy Miall Pattinson (1852-1944), English-born, Australian founder of the firm Washington H. Soul Pattinson in 1903
- Sir Robert Pattinson (1872-1954), English Chairman of Kesteven County Council for 20 years
- Darren John Pattinson (b. 1979), English cricketer who plays for Victoria and Nottinghamshire
- Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson (b. 1986), English actor, model, musician and producer
- William Derek Pattinson (1930-2006), English Secretary-General, General Synod of Church of England (1972-1990)
- Richard Pattinson (1773-1818), Canadian merchant, ship owner and politician who represented Essex in the Legislative Assembly of Upper Canada from 1812 to 1816
- William Frederick Pattinson (1889-1970), Australian physician and businessman, Chairman of Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Choiseul Investments
- George Pattinson (1854-1931), Canadian industrialist and politician who represented Waterloo South in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario from 1905 to 1914
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
The Pattinson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pattinson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 February 2015 at 08:49.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!