on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Pattinson family come from? What is the English Pattinson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pattinson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pattinson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pattenson, Pattinson, Pattonson, Patenson, Patinson, Patonson, Pattynson and many more.
First found in Cumberland where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 12th century when they held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pattinson research. Another 315 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1463, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Pattinson History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Pattinson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pattinson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas Pattinson who settled in New York State in 1804
- Thos Pattinson, who landed in New York, NY in 1804
- William Derek Pattinson (1930-2006), English Secretary-General, General Synod of Church of England (1972-1990)
- Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson (b. 1986), English actor, model, musician and producer
- Darren John Pattinson (b. 1979), English cricketer who plays for Victoria and Nottinghamshire
- Sir Robert Pattinson (1872-1954), English Chairman of Kesteven County Council for 20 years
- Lewy Miall Pattinson (1852-1944), English-born, Australian founder of the firm Washington H. Soul Pattinson in 1903
- Hugh Lee Pattinson FRS (1796-1858), English industrial chemist, known for his patent process for refining silver
- William "Bill" Pattinson, English former professional rugby league footballer who played for the England National Team in 981
- Charles Pattinson, British television producer
- Elizabeth "Lizzy" Pattinson, British singer
- James Lee Pattinson (b. 1990), Australian cricketer who plays for Victoria and Australia
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
The Pattinson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pattinson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 February 2015 at 08:49.
on orders of $85 or more