on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Patch family come from? What is the English Patch family crest and coat of arms? When did the Patch family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Patch family history?The Patch surname comes from the Old English personal name Paecci.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Patch, Patches and others.
First found in Devon where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Patch research. Another 151 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Patch History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Patch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Patch Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nicholas Patch, who settled in Salem in 1630
- Edmund Patch, who arrived in New England in 1639
- Nicholas Patch, who landed in New England in 1639
- John Patch, who arrived in Salem, Massachusetts in 1648
- James Patch, who landed in Salem, Massachusetts in 1658
Patch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Patch, who settled in Boston in 1763
Patch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas Patch, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1869
- Alexander McCarrell "Sandy" Patch (1889-1945), United States Army officer, Commanding General of the 7th Army (1944-1945)
- General Alexander McCarrell Patch (1889-1945), American Commanding General 4th Army (1945)
- Sir Hubert Patch (1904-1987), English Royal Air Force, Air Chief Marshall
- Wally Patch (1888-1970), English actor
- Henry John Patch (b. 1898), English WWI veteran, holder of the French the Légion d'honneur medal
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Patch Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Patch Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 31 January 2015 at 12:30.
on orders of $85 or more