on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The Patch surname comes from the Old English personal name Paecci.
The surname Patch was first found in Devon
where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Patch, Patches and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Patch research. Another 151 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Patch History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Patch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Patch Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nicholas Patch, who settled in Salem in 1630
- Edmund Patch, who arrived in New England in 1639
- Nicholas Patch, who landed in New England in 1639
- John Patch, who arrived in Salem, Massachusetts in 1648
- James Patch, who landed in Salem, Massachusetts in 1658
Patch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Patch, who settled in Boston in 1763
Patch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas Patch, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1869
- Tayva Patch (1953-2015), American actress, best known for her role as Lucy Mack Smith which she played in many films
- General Alexander McCarrell Patch (1889-1945), American Commanding General 4th Army (1945)
- Helen A. Patch, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Massachusetts, 1936
- Hazel Patch, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Missouri, 1952
- Harry D. Patch, American Republican politician, Postmaster at Wilmerding, Pennsylvania, 1898-1914
- Gifford Patch, American politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Jackson County 2nd District, 1902
- Eunice E. Patch, American politician, Delegate to New Hampshire State Constitutional Convention from Francestown, 1956
- Edson H. Patch, American politician, Member of New Hampshire State Senate 8th District, 1909-10
- E. P. Patch, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Iowa State House of Representatives from Page County, 1950
- E. Patch, American politician, Member of Minnesota territorial House of Representatives 5th District, 1851
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Patch Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Patch Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 February 2016 at 07:31.
on orders of $85 or more