on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Paquin family come from? What is the French Paquin family crest and coat of arms? When did the Paquin family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Paquin family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pasquier, Paquier, Paquin, Paquignon, Paquinet, Pâquin, Pasquin, Dupaquier, Dupasquier, Paquereau, Pasquereau, Paquerault and many more.
First found in Brittany, where this distinguished family held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Paquin research. Another 269 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1248, 1403, 1529, 1615, 1668, 1669, 1767, and 1862 are included under the topic Early Paquin History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 127 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Paquin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: M. Paquinet, who arrived in Canada before the 20th century; François Pasquier, who, at 23 years old, arrived in Quebec also before the 20th century; André Pasquier, who arrived in Louisiana in 1719.
- Ethan Paquin, American poet
- Leo Paquin (1910-1993), American football player
- Jeanne Paquin (1869-1936), French fashion designer
- Anna Helene Paquin (b. 1982), Golden Globe award winning Canadian actress
- Anna Helene Paquin (b. 1982), Canadian-born New Zealand actress
- Patricia Paquin (b. 1968), Canadian television personality from Quebec
- Laurent Paquin (b. 1971), Canadian comedian and radio personality from Quebec
- Maurice Paquin, Franco-Canadian comedian and singer
- Marie-Thérèse Paquin (1905-1997), Canadian concert pianist and piano professor
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Paquin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Paquin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 31 August 2014 at 16:53.
on orders of $85 or more