Orta History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Orta family
The surname Orta was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and where this illustrious family held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Clermont/Aurillac and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Important Dates for the Orta family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Orta research. Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Orta History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Orta Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Orsaile, Orsières, Orsal, Orsat, Orsol, Ours, Hours, Ours, Orser, Oursaire, Hourseau, Lours, L'Orseau, L'Orser and many more.
Early Notables of the Orta family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Orta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Orta migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Orta Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Rafael Orta, aged 29, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Refal Orta, aged 29, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Jose Orta, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
Contemporary Notables of the name Orta (post 1700)
- Lucy Orta (b. 1966), British visual artist
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)