Olszewski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Olszewski family
The surname Olszewski was first found in Silesia, where the name gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Olszewski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Olszewski research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Olszewski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Olszewski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Olszewski, Olszak, Olszacki, Olszycki, Olszanski, Olszynski, Olszak, Olsak, Olszacki and many more.
Early Notables of the Olszewski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Olszewski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Olszewski is the 7,380th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Olszewski migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Olszewski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Felix Olszewski, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1880
- Frank Olszewski, who immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1891
Contemporary Notables of the name Olszewski (post 1700) +
- John A. Olszewski Jr. (b. 1982), American politician, Member of the Maryland House of Delegates (2006-)
- Harry Olszewski (1946-1998), American football offensive lineman
- John Peter Olszewski (1929-1996), American NFL football running back who played from 1953 to 1962
- Ryszard Olszewski (1932-2020), Polish basketball player who competed in the men's tournament at the 1960 Summer Olympics
- Wlodzimierz Zdzislaw Olszewski (b. 1956), former Polish ice hockey goaltender
- Dariusz Olszewski (b. 1967), Polish politician. Member of Sejm (2005-2007)
- Stanislaw Olszewski (1852-1898), Polish engineer and inventor, co-creator of the technology of arc welding
- Slawomir Olszewski (b. 1973), Polish football goalkeeper
- Jan Ferdynand Olszewski (b. 1930), Polish lawyer and politician, 3rd Prime Minister of Poland (1991-1992)
- Pawel Bartosz Olszewski (b. 1979), Polish economist and politician, Member of the Sejm (2005-)
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm