Norcott History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Norcott surname is a habitational name, taken on from any of several places, such as Northcott in Devon. These place names are derived from the Old English words "norð," meaning "north," and "cot," meaning a "cottage," or "shelter."
Early Origins of the Norcott family
The surname Norcott was first found in Devon at Northcote (Northcott), a hamlet, in the parish of Boyton, union of Holsworthy, hundred of Black Torrington. The surname claims descendancy "from Galfridus, who was of Northcote, in the parish of East-Downe, in the twelfth century." 
Early History of the Norcott family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Norcott research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1100, 1587, 1570, 1632, 1599, 1676, 1640, 1676, 1628, 1688, 1710, 1743, 1730, 1743, 1103 and 1648 are included under the topic Early Norcott History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Norcott Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Northcott, Norcott, Norcutt, Northcutt, Northcote and others.
Early Notables of the Norcott family (pre 1700)
Notables of the family at this time include John Northcote (d.1587), a cloth merchant of Crediton; and his son, John Northcote (1570-1632), of Uton and Hayne, Newton St Cyres, near Crediton, Devon, Lord of the Manor of Newton St Cyres; Sir John Northcote, 1st Baronet (1599-1676), an English politician who sat in the House of Commons between 1640 and 1676; Sir...
Another 60 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Norcott Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Norcott migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Norcott Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Anne Norcott, who settled in New England with her husband William in 1637
- Ann Norcott, who landed in New England in 1637 
- William Norcott, who landed in Virginia in 1637 
- Johna Norcott, who landed in Virginia in 1663 
- Tho Norcott, who landed in Virginia in 1663 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Shirley, Evelyn Philip, The Noble and Gentle Men of England; The Arms and Descents. Westminster: John Bower Nichols and Sons, 1866, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)