Nascimento History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Nascimento family
The surname Nascimento was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many royal branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands
. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. Seat of one of the oldest families is Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province. including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of royalty as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Nascimento family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nascimento research.Another 148 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nascimento History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nascimento Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Nassau, Nassow, Nasau, Naso, Nasso, Nassokin, von Nassau and many more.
Early Notables of the Nascimento family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Nascimento Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Nascimento family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Nascimento Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Nascimento, aged 24, who emigrated to America, in 1918
- Antonio Nascimento, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1920
- Antonio Gomes Nascimento, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1921
- Domiao Seraphim Nascimento, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1922
- Aguinaldo Baptista Nascimento, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1922
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Nascimento (post 1700)
- Emmanuel Fortes Nascimento (b. 1970), Brazilian gold and silver medalist freestyle swimmer at the 1991 Pan American Games
- Yazaldes Valdemar Nascimento Alfonso (b. 1986), Portuguese 100m sprinter at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Milton Nascimento (b. 1942), Brazilian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Lopo Fortunato Ferreira do Nascimento (b. 1942), Angolan retired politician, Prime Minister of Angola (1975-1978)
- Francisco Manoel de Nascimento (1734-1819), Portuguese poet
- Alexandre do Nascimento (b. 1925), Angolan Cardinal of the Catholic Church
- Alexandra Priscila do Nascimento (b. 1981), Brazilian female handball player who plays for the Brazilian national team
- Abdias do Nascimento (1914-2011), Brazilian scholar, artist, and politician
Nascimento Family Crest Products