The Narron surname is a habitational name, taken on from any of several places, such as Northcott in Devon
. These place names are derived from the Old English words "norð," meaning "north," and "cot," meaning a "cottage," or "shelter."
Early Origins of the Narron family
The surname Narron was first found in Devon
at Northcote (Northcott), a hamlet, in the parish of Boyton, union of Holsworthy, hundred
of Black Torrington. The surname claims descendancy "from Galfridus, who was of Northcote, in the parish of East-Downe, in the twelfth century." CITATION[CLOSE]
Shirley, Evelyn Philip, The Noble and Gentle Men of England; The Arms and Descents. Westminster: John Bower Nichols and Sons, 1866, Print.
Early History of the Narron family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Narron research.Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1100, 1587, 1570, 1632, 1599, 1676, 1640, 1676, 1628, 1688, 1710, 1743, 1730, 1743, 1103 and 1648 are included under the topic Early Narron History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Narron Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Northcott, Norcott, Norcutt, Northcutt, Northcote and others.
Early Notables of the Narron family (pre 1700)
Notables of the family at this time include John Northcote (d.1587), a cloth merchant of Crediton; and his son, John Northcote (1570-1632), of Uton and Hayne, Newton St Cyres, near Crediton, Devon
, Lord of the Manor of Newton St Cyres; Sir John Northcote, 1st Baronet
(1599-1676), an English politician who sat... Another 70 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Narron Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Narron family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anne Norcott, who settled in New England
with her husband William in 1637; John Norcott settled in Virginia in 1698; William Northcott, who arrived settled in New England
Contemporary Notables of the name Narron (post 1700)
- John A. Narron Jr. (b. 1951), American hitting coach for the Salt Lake Bees, brother of Jerry Narron
- Samuel Franklin "Sam" Narron (b. 1981), American former Major League Baseball pitcher who pitched in one game for the Texas Rangers in the 2004 season
- Jerry Austin Narron (b. 1956), former American Major League Baseball catcher and manager
- Samuel Woody "Sam" Narron (1913-1996), American Major League Baseball player and coach
Narron Family Crest Products
- ^ Shirley, Evelyn Philip, The Noble and Gentle Men of England; The Arms and Descents. Westminster: John Bower Nichols and Sons, 1866, Print.