Narron History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Narron surname is a habitational name, taken on from any of several places, such as Northcott in Devon. These place names are derived from the Old English words "norð," meaning "north," and "cot," meaning a "cottage," or "shelter."
Early Origins of the Narron family
The surname Narron was first found in Devon at Northcote (Northcott), a hamlet, in the parish of Boyton, union of Holsworthy, hundred of Black Torrington. The surname claims descendancy "from Galfridus, who was of Northcote, in the parish of East-Downe, in the twelfth century." 
Early History of the Narron family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Narron research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1100, 1587, 1570, 1632, 1599, 1676, 1640, 1676, 1628, 1688, 1710, 1743, 1730, 1743, 1103 and 1648 are included under the topic Early Narron History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Narron Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Northcott, Norcott, Norcutt, Northcutt, Northcote and others.
Early Notables of the Narron family (pre 1700)
Notables of the family at this time include John Northcote (d.1587), a cloth merchant of Crediton; and his son, John Northcote (1570-1632), of Uton and Hayne, Newton St Cyres, near Crediton, Devon, Lord of the Manor of Newton St Cyres; Sir John Northcote, 1st Baronet (1599-1676), an English politician who sat in the House of Commons between 1640 and 1676; Sir...
Another 60 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Narron Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Narron family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anne Norcott, who settled in New England with her husband William in 1637; John Norcott settled in Virginia in 1698; William Northcott, who arrived settled in New England in 1669.
Contemporary Notables of the name Narron (post 1700) +
- John A. Narron Jr. (b. 1951), American hitting coach for the Salt Lake Bees, brother of Jerry Narron
- Samuel Franklin "Sam" Narron (b. 1981), American former Major League Baseball pitcher who pitched in one game for the Texas Rangers in the 2004 season
- Jerry Austin Narron (b. 1956), former American Major League Baseball catcher and manager
- Samuel Woody "Sam" Narron (1913-1996), American Major League Baseball player and coach
Related Stories +
- ^ Shirley, Evelyn Philip, The Noble and Gentle Men of England; The Arms and Descents. Westminster: John Bower Nichols and Sons, 1866, Print.