on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The Narron surname is a habitational name, taken on from any of several places, such as Northcott in Devon
. These place names are derived from the Old English words "norš," meaning "north," and "cot," meaning a "cottage," or "shelter."
The surname Narron was first found in Devon
at Northcote (Northcott), a hamlet, in the parish of Boyton, union of Holsworthy, hundred
of Black Torrington. The surname claims descendancy "from Galfridus, who was of Northcote, in the parish of East-Downe, in the twelfth century." 
Spelling variations of this family name include: Northcott, Norcott, Norcutt, Northcutt, Northcote and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Narron research. Another 171 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1100, 1587, 1570, 1632, 1599, 1676, 1640, 1676, 1628, 1688, 1710, 1743, 1730, 1743 and 1103 are included under the topic Early Narron History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 195 words (14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Narron Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anne Norcott, who settled in New England with her husband William in 1637; John Norcott settled in Virginia in 1698; William Northcott, who arrived settled in New England in 1669.
- John A. Narron Jr. (b. 1951), American hitting coach for the Salt Lake Bees, brother of Jerry Narron
- Samuel Franklin "Sam" Narron (b. 1981), American former Major League Baseball pitcher who pitched in one game for the Texas Rangers in the 2004 season
- Jerry Austin Narron (b. 1956), former American Major League Baseball catcher and manager
- Samuel Woody "Sam" Narron (1913-1996), American Major League Baseball player and coach
- ^ Shirley, Evelyn Philip, The Noble and Gentle Men of England; The Arms and Descents. Westminster: John Bower Nichols and Sons, 1866, Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Narron Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Narron Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 March 2015 at 08:24.
on orders of $85 or more