on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Mousseau family come from? What is the French Mousseau family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mousseau family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mousseau family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Musy, Musie, Musies, Mussy, Mussie, Mussies, Mussey, Mousy, Mousie, Musset, Musy, Musse, de la Musse, LaMusse, DeMusse, Mussi, Musi, Mousies, Moussy, Moussie, Moussies, Mucy, Mucey, Mucie, Mucies, Moucie, Moucies, Moucey, de Musy and many more.
First found in Brittany, where they have held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mousseau research. Another 185 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1436, 1660, 1804, 1810, 1857, and 1880 are included under the topic Early Mousseau History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 25 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mousseau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mousseau Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- J.M.J. Mousseau, aged 16, who settled in America from Naufes, France, in 1904
- Joseph Octave Mousseau, aged 46, who landed in America from Paris, France, in 1922
- Annette Mousseau, aged 44, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1922
Mousseau Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Julien Mousseau, who landed in Quebec in 1669
Mousseau Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jean Mousseau, aged 25, arrived in Montreal in 1714
Mousseau Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Alfred Mousseau, aged 35, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1924
- Irene Mousseau, aged 31, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1924
- Michael J. Mousseau (b. 1964), American political scientist
- Joseph-Alfred Mousseau PC, (1837-1886), French Canadian politician
- Alexis Mousseau (1767-1848), French Canadian farmer and political figure in Lower Canada
- Jean-Paul Mousseau (1927-1991), French Canadian artist
- Joseph Octave Mousseau (1844-1898), French Canadian physician and political figure in Quebec
- Joseph-Octave Mousseau (1875-1965), French Canadian lawyer and political figure in Quebec
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Mousseau Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mousseau Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 April 2012 at 07:47.
on orders of $85 or more