Moret History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Moret family
The surname Moret was first found in Ile-de-France, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Important Dates for the Moret family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moret research. Another 119 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1607, 1632, 1630, 1602, 1667, 1682 and 1738 are included under the topic Early Moret History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Moret Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moret, Morez, Moré, Morais, Morey, Moraie, Moraies, Mauret, Maurez, Maurais, Maurey, Mauraie, Mauraies, Morret, Maurret, Morrez, Morré, Morrais, Maurrais, Morrey, Maurrey, Morraie, Maurraie, Morraies, Maurraies, Mouré, Mouret, Mourez, Mourière, de Moret and many more.
Early Notables of the Moret family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Moret Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Moret migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moret Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Moret, aged 45, who settled in America with his wife and three daughters in 1709
- Jean Diedier and Mathieu Moret both settled in Philadelphia in 1751
- Jean Diedier Moret, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1751 
- Matthieu Moret, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1751 
- Etienne Moret, who settled in Philadelphia in 1773
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Moret Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Simon Moret, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816 
- Leendert Moret, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
Contemporary Notables of the name Moret (post 1700)
- Jim Moret, American chief correspondent for television's "Inside Edition"
- Roger Moret (b. 1949), former American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Denis Jacques de Moret seigneur du Jalet, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, May 6) Denis Moret. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html