Morais History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Morais family
The surname Morais was first found in Ile-de-France, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Morais family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Morais research. Another 119 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1607, 1632, 1630, 1602, 1667, 1682 and 1738 are included under the topic Early Morais History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Morais Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moret, Morez, Moré, Morais, Morey, Moraie, Moraies, Mauret, Maurez, Maurais, Maurey, Mauraie, Mauraies, Morret, Maurret, Morrez, Morré, Morrais, Maurrais, Morrey, Maurrey, Morraie, Maurraie, Morraies, Maurraies, Mouré, Mouret, Mourez, Mourière, de Moret and many more.
Early Notables of the Morais family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Morais Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Morais World Ranking
In the United States, the name Morais is the 18,551st most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Quebec, Canada, the name Morais is ranked the 966th most popular surname.  And in France, the name Morais is the 2,496th popular surname with an estimated 2,500 - 3,000 people with that name. 
Migration of the Morais family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jacob Moret, aged 45; who settled in America with his wife and three daughters in 1709; Jean Diedier and Mathieu Moret both settled in Philadelphia in 1751.
Contemporary Notables of the name Morais (post 1700) +
- Danny Bittencourt Morais (b. 1985), Brazilian central defender
- Nuno Miguel Barbosa Morais (b. 1984), Portuguese professional footballer
- Filipe Alexandre Morais (b. 1985), Portuguese professional footballer
- Carlos Edilson Alcântara Morais (b. 1985), Angolan professional basketball player
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/