Early Origins of the Montelongo family
The surname Montelongo was first found in Treviso, anciently Tarvisium, a town in Venetia, capital of the province of Treviso. The cathedral of San Pietro is notable and dates back to 1141. It is classical style with seven domes with works by many notable painters and sculptors. The Piazza dei Signori has many palaces. In the 6th century this town was a seat of a Lombard duke. Charlemagne
held it. Later it was Venetian. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, and landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. This distinguished family are recorded in Trevos but are said originally to have been of Selva, but these records are scanty.
Early History of the Montelongo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Montelongo research.Another 131 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 118 and 1180 are included under the topic Early Montelongo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Montelongo Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Montello, Monteliana, Montel, Montella, Nontelli and many more.
Early Notables of the Montelongo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Montelongo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Montelongo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Montelongo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Eustaquio Montelongo, who settled in Texas in 1911
- Eustaquio Montelongo, who landed in Texas in 1911 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Severo Montelongo, aged 45, who landed in America from Havana, Cuba, in 1920
- David Montelongo, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States, in 1921
Contemporary Notables of the name Montelongo (post 1700)
- Xavier Montelongo (b. 1992), Mexican American undefeated professional Lightweight boxer
- Michael Montelongo (b. 1955), American politician, 19th Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management
- Bruno Montelongo Gesta (b. 1987), Uruguayan professional footballer