Monteleone History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Monteleone family
The surname Monteleone was first found in Treviso, anciently Tarvisium, a town in Venetia, capital of the province of Treviso where Montello is a bean-shaped hill which measures about 5 km north-south by 13 km east-west. The cathedral of San Pietro is notable and dates back to 1141. It is classical style with seven domes with works by many notable painters and sculptors. The Piazza dei Signori has many palaces. In the 6th century this town was a seat of a Lombard duke. Charlemagne held it. Later it was Venetian.
In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, and landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. This distinguished family are recorded in Trevos but are said originally to have been of Selva, but these records are scanty.
Today, Giavera del Montello is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Treviso in the Italian region Veneto, about 40 kilometres (25 mi) northwest of Venice.
Early History of the Monteleone family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Monteleone research. Another 66 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 118 and 1180 are included under the topic Early Monteleone History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Monteleone Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Montello, Monteliana, Montel, Montella, Nontelli and many more.
Early Notables of the Monteleone family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Monteleone Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Monteleone is the 10,731st most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Monteleone migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Monteleone Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Tony Monteleone, who arrived in Arkansas in 1918
- Frank Monteleone, who arrived in Illinois in 1929
- Michelangelo Monteleone, who settled in Illinois in 1936
- Vincenzo Monteleone, who settled in Illinois in 1936
|Contemporary Notables of the name Monteleone (post 1700) ||+|
- Mario Monteleone (b. 1962), American professional baseball player
- Nick Monteleone (b. 1978), American composer, musician, producer, and actor
- Thomas F. Monteleone (b. 1946), American science fiction author and horror fiction author
- Richard Monteleone (b. 1963), American former Major League Baseball pitcher and coach
- John A. Monteleone, American Democratic Party politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Kings County 5th District; Elected 1954, 1956, 1958