100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Moncada family come from? What is the Spanish Moncada family crest and coat of arms? When did the Moncada family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Moncada family history?The origin of the Spanish surname Moncada is somewhat legendary, with a genealogy that begins with Hunno Velipho, descended from the German king Hercules, who lived in the year 400 A.D. He founded a castle near Barcelona named "Castillo de Monte Catalan." This castle is considered to be the "casa solar" or ancestral seat of the Mont-Cathaló family, whose name was corrupted over the years and became Moncada.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moncadas, Monacas, Montcadas and others.
First found in the region of Catalonia in near the Pyrenees mountains.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moncada research. Another 151 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1504, 1476, 1528, 1554, 1626, 1586, 1635, 1614 and 1672 are included under the topic Early Moncada History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 199 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Moncada Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moncada Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Moncada, aged 61, who landed in America from Lalazso Adria, in 1898
Moncada Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arelina Moncada, aged 4, who settled in America from Polermo, in 1900
- Francesco Moncada, aged 15, who emigrated to America from Melilli, Sicily, in 1913
- Ernesto Moncada, aged 14, who settled in America from Bogota, Colombia, in 1915
- Fernando Moncada, aged 11, who emigrated to the United States from Bogota, Colombia, in 1915
- Ana D. Moncada, aged 43, who emigrated to the United States from Bogota, Colombia, in 1919
- Fernando Javier Rivera y Moncada (1725-1781), New Spain (Mexican) Spanish Military Governor from 1774-1777
- Luca Moncada (b. 1978), Italian six-time gold medalist rower
- Jesús Moncada i Estruga (1941-2005), Aragonese writer in Catalan
- Gerardo Moncada Guiza (b. 1962), Columbian retired male road cyclist
- Guillermo Moncada (b. 1841), Cuban general in the Cuban War of Independence
- Sir Salvador Enrique Moncada FRS, FRCP, FRCS (b. 1944), Honduran-British physician and pharmacologist
- José Maria Moncada Tapia (1870-1945), 62nd President of Nicaragua from 1 January 1929 to 1 January 1933
- Liberato Moncada (1855-1886), lawyer and writer from Honduras
- Julio Moncada (b. 1919), Chilean poet
- Aura Moncada (b. 1924), Colombian pianist
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
The Moncada Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Moncada Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 June 2015 at 04:18.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!