Moncada History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origin of the Spanish surname Moncada is somewhat legendary, with a genealogy that begins with Hunno Velipho, descended from the German king Hercules, who lived in the year 400 A.D. He founded a castle near Barcelona named "Castillo de Monte Catalan." This castle is considered to be the "casa solar" or ancestral seat of the Mont-Cathaló family, whose name was corrupted over the years and became Moncada.
Early Origins of the Moncada family
The surname Moncada was first found in the region of Catalonia in near the Pyrenees mountains.
Early History of the Moncada family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moncada research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1504, 1476, 1528, 1554, 1626, 1586, 1635, 1614 and 1672 are included under the topic Early Moncada History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Moncada Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moncadas, Monacas, Montcadas and others.
Early Notables of the Moncada family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Admiral Pedro de Moncada who, with his flotilla, helped to guard the Strait of Gibraltar against the Moors, facilitating the victory of Salado by King Alfonso XI. Others include: Hugo de Moncada a.k.a. Ugo de Moncada, (c. 1476-1528), a Spanish political and military leader; Gastón de...
Another 53 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Moncada Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Moncada is the 9,418th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Moncada migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moncada Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Moncada, aged 61, who landed in America from Lalazso Adria, in 1898
Moncada Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arelina Moncada, aged 4, who settled in America from Polermo, in 1900
- Francesco Moncada, aged 15, who immigrated to America from Melilli, Sicily, in 1913
- Ernesto Moncada, aged 14, who settled in America from Bogota, Colombia, in 1915
- Fernando Moncada, aged 11, who immigrated to the United States from Bogota, Colombia, in 1915
- Ana D. Moncada, aged 43, who immigrated to the United States from Bogota, Colombia, in 1919
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Moncada (post 1700) +
- Fernando Javier Rivera y Moncada (1725-1781), New Spain (Mexican) Spanish Military Governor from 1774-1777
- Luca Moncada (b. 1978), Italian six-time gold medalist rower
- Jesús Moncada i Estruga (1941-2005), Aragonese writer in Catalan
- Gerardo Moncada Guiza (b. 1962), Columbian retired male road cyclist
- Guillermo Moncada (b. 1841), Cuban general in the Cuban War of Independence
- Sir Salvador Enrique Moncada FRS, FRCP, FRCS (b. 1944), Honduran-British physician and pharmacologist
- José Maria Moncada Tapia (1870-1945), 62nd President of Nicaragua from 1 January 1929 to 1 January 1933
- Liberato Moncada (1855-1886), lawyer and writer from Honduras
- Julio Moncada (b. 1919), Chilean poet
- Aura Moncada (b. 1924), Colombian pianist
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm