on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Mittal family come from? What is the English Mittal family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mittal family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mittal family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Middle, Middel, Midel, Mittel, Mittle, Middleho, Midelho, Mideleho, Middlehough, Midler, Middler, Midlar and many more.
First found in Shropshire where they held a family seat. The surname is associated with the parish of Middle near Shrewsbury, in this county.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mittal research. Another 315 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1270 and 1327 are included under the topic Early Mittal History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mittal Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: J. Middle arrived in Pennsylvania in 1729.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
The Mittal Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mittal Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:39.
on orders of $85 or more