on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Mittal family come from? What is the English Mittal family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mittal family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mittal family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Middle, Middel, Midel, Mittel, Mittle, Middleho, Midelho, Mideleho, Middlehough, Midler, Middler, Midlar and many more.
First found in Shropshire where they held a family seat. The surname is associated with the parish of Middle near Shrewsbury, in this county.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mittal research. Another 315 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1270 and 1327 are included under the topic Early Mittal History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mittal Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: J. Middle arrived in Pennsylvania in 1729.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Mittal Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mittal Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:39.
on orders of $85 or more