The surname Mini was first found in Udine, a town in Venetia and capital of the province of Udine. An old walled city it dates back to early Roman times. There is an old castle (1517) in the center of the town which is now used as a museum and art gallery. The church of S.Maria della Purita is notable with many treasures. The town hall was built in 1448. It was the seat of the Italian command in WWI. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mini research.Another 356 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1448 and 1675 are included under the topic Early Mini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.