Millbank History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Millbank family
The surname Millbank was first found in Northumberland. However, some of the family were found at early times in the township of Snape in the North Riding of Yorkshire. Snape Castle was held by many families but "Thorpe Perrow, the seat of Mr. [Mark] Milbank Esq., is a handsome mansion here, surrounded by an extensive park and fine plantations. A chapel which formerly belonged to the castle, has been beautifully fitted up by Mr. Milbank, and divine service is performed in it by the vicar of Well." 
Important Dates for the Millbank family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Millbank research. Another 81 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Millbank History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Millbank Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Milbank, Milbanke and others.
Early Notables of the Millbank family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Millbank Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Millbank migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Millbank Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Millbank, who landed in New York in 1800 
Millbank Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joseph Millbank, who arrived in California in 1900 
Millbank migration to New Zealand
Emigration to New Zealand followed in the footsteps of the European explorers, such as Captain Cook (1769-70): first came sealers, whalers, missionaries, and traders. By 1838, the British New Zealand Company had begun buying land from the Maori tribes, and selling it to settlers, and, after the Treaty of Waitangi in 1840, many British families set out on the arduous six month journey from Britain to Aotearoa to start a new life. Early immigrants include:
Millbank Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- R. Millbank, who arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Countess of Kintore" in 1873
Contemporary Notables of the name Millbank (post 1700)
- John Millbank Delph (1805-1891), American politician, Mayor of Louisville, Kentucky, 1850-52, 1861-63; Member of Kentucky State House of Representatives 
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html