on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Milburn family come from? What is the English Milburn family crest and coat of arms? When did the Milburn family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Milburn family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Milburn, Milborne, Milbourn, Milbourne, Milburne, Melbourne and many more.
First found in Northumberland where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Milburn research. Another 241 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1536, 1633, 1660, 1660, 1622, 1668, 1649, 1720 and 1743 are included under the topic Early Milburn History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 113 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Milburn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Milburn Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Francis Milburn, who landed in Virginia in 1663
Milburn Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andrew, Christopher, and William Milburn settled in Carolina in 1774
- Elizabeth Milburn settled in Georgia in 1775
- Elizabeth Milburn, aged 20, arrived in Georgia in 1775
Milburn Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Milburn, who arrived in New York in 1819
Milburn Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- William Milburn, aged 24, a shepherd, arrived in South Australia in 1850 aboard the ship "British Empire"
- William Milburn, aged 24, a shepherd, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "British Empire" in 1850
Milburn Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- James Milburn, aged 18, a mechanic, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Thomas Harrison" in 1842
- Amos Milburn (1927-1980), American rhythm and blues singer
- Brigadier-General Bryan Lee Milburn (1896-1991), American Commandant of the Anti-Aircraft Artillery School (1942-1944)
- Major-General Frank William Milburn (1892-1962), American Commanding General I Corps (1950-1951)
- Alan Milburn (b. 1958), British politician
- Sir John Davison Milburn (1851-1907), 1st Baronet Milburn
- Oliver Milburn (b. 1973), British television actor
- Very Rev. Robert Leslie Pollington Milburn (1907-2000), eminent Anglican clergyman
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Milburn Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Milburn Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 November 2013 at 12:24.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more