Milborn History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Milborn family
The surname Milborn was first found in Northumberland where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Early History of the Milborn family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Milborn research. Another 121 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1536, 1464, 1633, 1660, 1660, 1622, 1668, 1649, 1720 and 1743 are included under the topic Early Milborn History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Milborn Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Milburn, Milborne, Milbourn, Milbourne, Milburne, Melbourne and many more.
Early Notables of the Milborn family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family name during their early history was Simon Melburn, High Sheriff of Herefordshire in 1464; William Milborne (c 1633-1660), an English landowner and politician who sat in the House of Commons in 1660; Luke Milbourne...
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Milborn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Milborn migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Milborn Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andrew Milborn, aged 7, who arrived in Carolina in 1774 
- Christopher Milborn, aged 2, who landed in Carolina in 1774 
Historic Events for the Milborn family
HMS Royal Oak
- Philip Milborn (1923-1939), British Boy 1st Class with the Royal Navy aboard the HMS Royal Oak when she was torpedoed by U-47 and sunk; he died in the sinking 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Ships hit by U-boats crew list HMS Royal Oak (08) - (Retrieved 2018 February, 9th) - retrieved from https://uboat.net/allies/merchants/crews/ship68.html