Milani History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Milani family
The surname Milani was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans
in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Milani family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Milani research.Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1455, 1646, 1621, 1678, 1675 and 1749 are included under the topic Early Milani History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Milani Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Milani, Milano, Milan, Milanesi, Milanese, Milanzoli and many more.
Early Notables of the Milani family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Milani Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Milani family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Milani Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Antonio Milani, who arrived in New York in 1849 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- George A. Milani, who settled in Indiana sometime between 1850 and 1855
Milani Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Giovanni Milani, who settled in California in 1900
Contemporary Notables of the name Milani (post 1700)
- Abbas Malekzadeh Milani (b. 1949), Iranian-American historian and author, visiting professor of Political Science and the director of the Iranian Studies program at Stanford University
- Gilberto Milani (b. 1932), Italian Grand Prix motorcycle road racer
- Alfredo Milani (b. 1924), Italian Grand Prix motorcycle road racer who won two Grand Prix races in 1951
- Aurelio Milani (b. 1934), former Italian footballer who played from 1952 to 1967
- Andrea Milani Comparetti (b. 1948), Italian mathematician
- Andrea Milani (b. 1980), Italian professional footballer
- Andrea Milani (b. 1919), Italian former professional football player
- Lorenzo Milani Comparetti (1923-1967), Italian Roman Catholic priest
- Cesare Milani (1905-1956), Italian two-time silver medalist rower at the 1928 and 1936 Summer Olympics
- Marta Milani (b. 1987), Italian sprint athlete
Milani Family Crest Products
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)